San Luis Obispo County, CA Public Records
Restricted Records: No adoption, juvenile, medical, probation or sealed records released
The court now has 2 systems, the newest one started early 2014. Historical records are not in the new system - so 2 systems must be searched.
Restricted Records: No probation reports released
This Court has jurisdiction over all of San Luis Obispo County for Civil actions over $25,000. The court's Executive Director recently (March 2012) made excessive changes to the public access of records.
Includes Nipomo, Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Pismo Beach, Oceano, South Coast unincorporated areas. All Grover Beach cases are now heard at the San Luis Obispo Courthouse, at 1035 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo.
San Luis Obispo County, CA Vital Records
Contact the San Luis Obispo County Office of the County Recorder if you would like to find vital records, such as birth, death, marriage, divorce, and real estate records.
1055 Monterey St, Rm D120
San Luis Obispo, CA 93408 http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/clerk
San Luis Obispo County Vital Certificates
If you would like to obtain a hard copy of a birth, death, marriage, divorce, or other vital record, you can do so by searching for and requesting a vital certificate. Vital certificates are hard copy documents, the same as those used by the United States government.
Get a vital certificate.
San Luis Obispo County Population Records
- Females: 48.7%
- White: 90.7%
- Black/African American: 2.1%
- Asian: 3.3%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.1%
- Hispanic or Latino Origin: 19.6%
- White, Not Hispanic: 72.6%
San Luis Obispo County Records
- Total: $6,271,512
- Construction: $687,731
- Retail Trade: $542,932
- Professional and Technical Services: $460,832
- Healthcare: $647,831
- Banking: $212,238
- Retail Trade: $542,932
- Accommodations and Food Services: $319,986
- Manufacturing: $342,644
- Farms: $159,856
- Government: $1,329,930
San Luis Obispo County Birth, Death Records
- Per 1,000 population: 11
- Per 1,000 population: 8.1
- Per 1,000 population: 2.4
Premium Public Records Search
San Luis Obispo County Criminal Records
- Murder and non-negligent manslaughter: 4
- Forcible rape: 106
- Robbery: 112
- Aggravated Assault: 558
- Burglary: 1,517
- Larceny-Theft: 4,308
- Motor Vehicle Theft: 345
San Luis Obispo County Genealogy Records
- Rootsweb.org - Search for genealogy records for your town in San Luis Obispo County
- Linkpendium San Luis Obispo County Genealogy Records
- OnlineSearches.com - Search for San Luis Obispo County public records by town, record type, and/or state.